Moosey News : August 2008
Already I'm finding small pockets of spring flower colour. There's more daylight, the sun's higher in the sky - spring is definitely coming to the Moosey Garden. Yippee! I don't want to miss anything new...
This month's features :
- Winter Gardening Cats
- Favourite Rhododendron Colours
- Rose Magic - From Stalk to Shrub
- Purchasing Plants - How Gardeners Shop
- Moosey Garden Cafe Furniture
- Plant of the Month : John Clare Rose
- Animal of the Month : Fluff-Fluff the Cat
- Garden Quote : Weeding Again!
- Garden Gallery : Images of Chelsea
- Forum Focus : English Gardens
- Gardening Advice : Soil Enrichment
- Searching for Moosey : pink path
- Coming up this month : The Olympic Games
This month's features
In winter only the most dedicated cats will leave their fireside chairs and cat-beds to venture outdoors...
In the middle of winter I dream about colourful shrubs and flowers. But what actually are my favourite colours for, say, rhododendrons?
Amazing, magical, wondrous - the unbelievable journey a rose takes from the tedious pruning time in winter to early summer's flowering festival...
The style of a gardener's shopping habits can definitely be seen in the style of their gardens...
Hee hee. This cafe-style garden furniture is the perfect birthday present for Non-Gardening Partner - somewhere he can relax between weekend jobs.
6. Plant of the Month : John Clare Rose
I love the David Austin rose John Clare, who certainly deserves to have a famous English poet named after him!
7. Animals of the Month : Fluff-Fluff the cat
Fluff-Fluff the cat makes a huge contribution to my winter gardening days. He's becoming 'larger-than-life' - in more ways than one!
8. Garden Quote : Weeding Again!
When in doubt, what should a gardener do? The answer's simple - do some weeding.
This month's home-grown photographs have that blue-grey wintry look. So I've chosen a montage of the Bright and the Beautiful, pictures taken at the Chelsea Flower Show in the summer of 2004.
10. Forum Focus : English Gardens
Oh dear - nostalgias sets in as I look at Mark's photographs of English gardens he's just visited. Lucky thing - beautiful pictures!
11. Gardening Advice : Soil Enrichment
All the wisest gardeners know this - first spend time on the soil and then wait for the plants to thank you!
12. Searching for Moosey : pink path
- pink path
- This was a search dear to me - a friend was looking for a picture for her breast cancer survivors' website. She chose a Moosey picture of a spring magnolia in bloom (entitled Springtime in the Border), and then used Photoshop to colour the path pink. Great initiative!
13. Coming up this month : The Olympic Games.
Perfect for gardeners who deserve a little rest on the couch...
Ha! I wonder what events a Gardener's Olympics would have? Hurdles? Fencing? Hmm... I'd be a starter in the Weeding Marathon.