Moosey News : February 2009
Oops - it's almost halfway through February. Gardening time flies even faster than normal time. I hope your garden is sleeping soundly, relaxing regally, or growing gorgeously!
This month's features :
- What Are Your Plans for 2009?
- Busy Bumble Bees
- Minimus the Woodshed Kitten
- Perennial Echinacea
- Plant of the Month : Golden Tribute Roses
- Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss the Grey
- Garden Quote : Stone Walls
- Garden Gallery : Annual Calendula
- Forum Focus : Softly, Softly...
- Gardening Advice : Feral Cats
- Searching for Moosey : Shakespeare garden
- Coming up this month : Some wonderful time-wasting!
This month's features
Hmm... This is a whimsical account of life plans for the year 2009. And, of course, for me life means my garden!
There are four types of bumble bee, or Bombus, in New Zealand. But which bees are always busy in the Moosey Garden? I can't answer this, but I've had fun choosing my best bumble bee photographs.
Shrubs don't always have to be precious - there's room in my garden for honest hard workers, like Buddleias.
This is a story of survival - where a little wild kitten picks the perfect sheltering place, and slowly becomes part of the Moosey family.
It's exciting discovering an adorable new perennial.
6. Plant of the Month : Golden Tribute Roses
These rich golden roses grow in my front house garden. I planted Golden Tribute years ago as my tiny tribute to 9-11.
7. Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss the Grey
Finally the third of my foster kittens, Lilli-Puss (now a lovely adult girlie cat) gets her own cat page.
8. Garden Quote : On Building Stone Walls
Hee hee. This month's quote will bring a smile to anyone who wants to build a stone wall (and a frown to any DIY Non-Gardening Partners).
My vegetable garden is full of Calendulas. They're growing far better than the tomatoes and beans! Here's a favourite Calendula photograph.
10. Forum Focus : Softly, Softly
The forums can be quiet at times - but we know that friends are sometimes just too busy in their gardens to write and show their photographs. See if you'd like to join us!
11. Gardening Advice : Feral Cats
Hmm... I'm on my 'Trap, Neuter, Return' soap-box again in the Moosey journal.
12. Searching for Moosey : Shakespeare garden
- Shakespeare garden
- I've got Othello roses, and once I had a hen called Hamlet... But I'm re-trying a rose called William Shakespeare, and this time he looks blooming healthy!
13. Coming up this month : Some wonderful time-wasting!
Collecting more stones, raking gum leaves, weeding, playing with the cats and the new kitten, cycling with the dog...