Moosey News : June 2007
The Moosey Semi-Grand Global Garden Tour is finally happening! I've got so much planned - so many gardens to see, and gardening friends to visit. And then I'll be busy writing about it all! Yippee! Goodbye to the New Zealand winter. Please don't do anything extreme, though, while I'm away!
This month's features :
- One Day in Autumn
- Late Roses
- Water Sports for Dogs
- New Zealand Pseudopanax
- Rude Gardening Words
- Plant of the Month : Apricot Scentasia Patio Rose
- Animal of the Month : The Moosey Foster Kittens
- Garden Quote : To Be Random, or Not To Be Random...
- Garden Gallery : My Red Gardening Shoes
- Forum Focus : Summer in North America
- Gardening Advice : Ban the B-Word
- Searching for Moosey : VIP gardener
- Coming up this month : Trains and boats and planes - and gardens!
This month's features
Autumn is a wonderfully calm time in my garden - but it's a tricky time, too. One day the leaves are shining in the trees, brilliant in their reds and golds, the next they've all turned brown and dropped. But Moosey the ever-vigilant garden reporter has seized the day...
2. Late Roses
It's three weeks until the winter solstice, and my garden is still rather rosy. I'm amazed - and very grateful for these beautiful late roses.
Owners of water-loving dogs will understand and enjoy this story - it's about Rusty the dog and his love of various water features. You'll giggle at the dog-shaking-water-off-fur photographs!
Many of my New Zealand native plants and shrubs are completely taken for granted. Sometimes they're only mentioned when I get sick of them and decide to chop them down! It's time to redress the balance - meet the versatile Pseudopanax.
Hee hee. This article gets to the core of rude garden vocabulary - sensitive readers should definitely give it a miss!
6. Plant of the Month : Apricot Scentasia Patio Rose
I don't usually buy the smaller patio style roses, because my garden sits in a big landscape. But forum friend Dixie recommended this little rose...
7. Animal of the Month : The Moosey Foster Kittens
This last month I've been fostering three kittens from the cat colony. At first I thought their socialisation was hopeless - but I was wrong. Love has triumphed - or is that possibly loads of yummy kitten food?
8. Garden Quote : To Be Random? Or Not To Be Random?
There are two quotes in my journal regarding randomness, conveniently on opposing sides of the garden fence. Readers can choose either, according to their mood. Choose the first link if you hate randomness, and the second if you love it!
When flower colours in the real garden are fading into winter, all gardeners like to take colourful photographs of their favourite garden accessories - don't they?
10. Forum Focus : Summer in North America
The forum friends in North America are busy enjoying their summer - some have started up their own garden journals.
11. Gardening Advice : Ban the B-Word
I had a very bad couple of days where I was almost bored with my garden. Shock! Horror! I promise it won't happen again, and to show I mean business I've banned the B-word from my journals.
12. Searching for Moosey : VIP gardener
- VIP Gardeners
- The Moosey site has lots of VIP gardeners, including the Head Gardener herself. There are no VUP gardeners on this site (that's short for 'Very Unimportant Person', by the way). I'm slowly organising the VIPs on their very own page, with discreet biographies.
- VIP Forum Gardeners
- You could also check out the Moosey forums, where wonderful VIP gardeners are in bloom all the year round.
13. Coming up this month : Trains and boats and planes - and gardens!
I'm off! Singapore Botanic Gardens, Scottish highlands, here I come! And Alabama, and Europe, and Canada, and London...