Moosey News : July-August 2010
Oh dear, oh dear. I've been working really hard in the real garden, so July and August have to share a newsletter. But Pond Cottage is finally installed, and spring is almost here. Nice!
This month's features :
- Where are all the Winter Photographs?
- Welcome to Mooseys, Pond Cottage!
- A Global Gardening Triumph
- Royden Rose
- Garden Dining Furniture
- Plant of the Month : Carex trifida
- Animals of the Month : Dearly Departed Cats Stumpy, Jerome, and Mugsy
- Garden Quote : Good Garden Design
- Garden Gallery : Bumble Bee on Erica
- Forum Focus : New Spammers, New Friends...
- Gardening Advice : Think, think...
- Searching for Moosey : flower posy
- Coming up this month : My birthday. Yippee!
This month's features
Winter gardening may be a bit repetitive, but that's no excuse for packing away the camera...
Every week a new part of Pond Cottage gets finished off - spouting put up, window frames painted, and so on. And every new journal page gets a compulsory photograph...
This really took my fancy. In Myanmar many parts of the internet are blocked or heavily censored. But Daughter of Moosey is pleased to report that www.mooseyscountrygarden.com is completely accessible! Hee hee...
4. Royden Rose
A kind friend has sent me some background information about this beautiful locally bred rose. So I've updated his rose page.
Here is the last of my garden furniture purchases - I promise!
6. Plant of the Month : Carex trifida
I've been digging out what I think are carex grasses from every imaginable place in my garden. They are a jolly nuisance. The variegated Carex trifida, on the other hand, is a well-behaved grass which doesn't put out any seedlings. Phew!
7. Animals of the Month : Dearly Departed Cats Stumpy, Jerome, Mugsy
Finally, the grey cat-sisters Stumpy and Jerome have their memorial trees, two weeping Silver Pears, planted. And little Mugsy has her Black Boy peach tree. Dear cats!
8. Garden Quote : Good Garden Design
This might help explain why so many gardeners just don't get it, or do it!
It's so cheery to see the bumble bees out in early spring, collecting pollen from a flowering Erica. A good bee garden provides bee-food all the year round, of course...
10. Forum Focus : New spammers, new friends...
There's a new breed of forum spammer who pretends to start a gardening topic with a copied and pasted paragraph. I'm sorry to even mention them, since we've met some super new friends lately...
11. Gardening Advice : Think, think...
Oh dear. Why won't I take my own advice? I can be so sensible sometimes...
12. Searching for Moosey : flower posy
- flower posy
- Here's a photograph of my first spring flower posy. Enjoy!
13. Coming up this month : My birthday. Yippee!
What more can I say?