Moosey News : November 2010
Aha! Summer is here, with all its beautiful flower colour. The gardening days are warm and timeless, but there's always something that needs watering. Ah well - guess I'll have to put my book down and shift the hoses again...
This month's features :
- 2010 Roses
- Craigieburn Forest Park Ridgeline
- Corokias - New Zealand Natives
- Sir Benjamin and Sir Edward
- Glass-House Garden Benches
- Plant of the Month : Uncle Bert's Rhododendron
- Animals of the Month : Jeremy the Cat
- Garden Quote : For Non-Gardeners, thanks to Rudyard Kipling
- Garden Gallery : Big Roses
- Forum Focus : Summer and Winter
- Gardening Advice : Sitting
- Searching for Moosey : frost plants
- Coming up this month : A mid-summer's Christmas...
This month's features
1. 2010 Roses
Hee hee - there are definitely more roses in my garden in the year 2010, and they are better than ever. Enjoy!
This is the mountain hike to end all hikes - perhaps an unfortunate phrase, that, as I hope my hiking days are never to end!
New Zealand has a host of wonderful native evergreens, like Corokias, all of which make worthy contributions to my garden.
You've guessed the connection? Then what are these two English musical chaps doing in a gardening newsletter?
Fluff-Fluff my pale ginger gardening cat features in these photographs of my super-sized garden benches.
6. Plant of the Month : Uncle Bert's Rhododendron
Just a little sentimental touch - a purple memorial rhododendron for my friend's Uncle Bert.
7. Animals of the Month : Jeremy the Cat
Though Jeremy is long gone her small memorial garden by the house lives on.
8. Garden Quote : For Non-Gardeners, thanks to Rudyard Kipling
Not that I'm implying that Rudyard Kipling was a non-gardener. It is likely that he employed a few gardeners in his time...
9. Garden Gallery : Big Roses
Two of the big roses that I can see from the house feature in this month's chosen photograph.
10. Forum Focus : Summer and Winter
There's such a contrast at the moment between the pictures of northern and southern hemisphere gardening friends.
11. Gardening Advice : Sitting
12. Searching for Moosey : frost plants
- Jack Frost
- Brr... Some gardeners may be experiencing frosts (and even colder weather events) at the moment. I'm not - but I have had a delightful experience with a variegated Brunnera called Jack Frost...
13. Coming up this month : A mid-summer's Christmas for me and my family
And (cross fingers) the official opening of a fully-furnished Pond Cottage. All the very best for December, and do have a warm, relaxing Christmas, whatever the weather's like outside in your garden...