Moosey News : December 2010
I'm looking forwards to the new gardening year, 2011, wondering what new garden schemes will pop into my head. And looking back over a year where I learnt how small a gardener actually is in the world of nature. A reality check? OK, I'm small, but I can still try and garden 'big'...
This month's features :
- 2011 Calendars
- Peak Hill Hiking Trip
- Oops! and Eek! and Aargh!
- The Best of 2010 Garden Awards
- Smart Resolutions for the New Year
- Plant of the Month : Gazanias
- Animals of the Month : Lilli-Puss
- Garden Quote : On Garden Blogging
- Garden Gallery : Rusty Dog Jumping in the Pond
- Forum Focus : Just Friends being Friendly
- Gardening Advice : The Tiny Things
- Searching for Moosey : fluffy cat pictures
- Coming up this month : Summer days and garden maintenance...
This month's features
Roses and cats, gardens and Rusty the red Border Collie dog, and pretty flowers - choose your favourite from my new colourful 2011 wall calendars. They're free to download.
Here's my account of a simple climb up a simple hill overlooking the mighty Rakaia River.
These exclamations of delight (or otherwise) litter the Moosey journals like dandelion weeds in the Moosey lawns...
As usual, 2020 in the garden had far more winners than could possibly get a mention in the official Moosey Awards. So this year I asked my family for help in choosing...
New Year's Resolutions are impossible to keep - but should they be?
6. Plant of the Month : Gazanias
My Gazanias aren't fancy hybrids - they've been grown from seed, and have simple daisy flowers. But the colour combinations are wonderful.
7. Animals of the Month : Lilli-Puss the Grey
Lilli-Puss has been spending summer in the raspberry patch, waiting for visiting blackbirds to drop into her lap. I've been seeing rather a lot of Lilli-Puss, now it's the raspberry eating season...
8. Garden Quote : On Garden Blogging
I've a question regarding Garden Blogging, but I don't really think I want it answered!
This picture was specially commissioned for Rusty's 2011 Dog Calendar, and was taken by professional photographer (and Son-In-Law) Thomas Pickard. So who gets the credit - Thomas or the dog?
10. Forum Focus : Just Friends being Friendly
Come and join us!
11. Gardening Advice : The Tiny Things
I wonder if there's the tiniest chance that I'll ever take my own advice?
12. Searching for Moosey : fluffy cat pictures
- fluffy cat pictures
- Hee hee. One of my 2011 calendars just features Fluff-Fluff the cat. Naturally he's fluffy...
13. Coming up this month : Summer days and garden maintenance...
In the garden with sunhats and sunblock and long-sleeved gardening shirts , with cool clear aquifer water to drink. Magic! Oh, and some work - I think it's called garden maintenance, a little every day...