Moosey News : October 2011
October is my lovely late-spring month, with all the colours that the lighter, warmer days bring. There's so much fresh greenery, and pretty flowers too, to enjoy.
This month's features :
- 2011's Rhododendrons
- Rarotonga Holiday
- A Path Around the Pond
- A Week in the Life of Mrs Pig
- AWOG - Absent Without Garden
- Plant of the Month : Clematis montana? Hmm...
- Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss
- Garden Quote : No Panicking
- Garden Gallery : Crab-Apple Blossom
- Forum Focus : Getting ready for summer - or winter?
- Gardening Advice : No Scary Lists
- Searching for Moosey : ideas for garden paths
- Coming up this month : Proper summer days...
This month's features
I've been lucky to spend another week in Rarotonga, on a book-a-day holiday. Delightful, relaxing, and not one gardening list was written!
Ponds have to have paths which lead right around them. After years of good intentions, mine finally has.
A large Rarotongan pig, tethered to a road-side tree, caught my fancy.
Some puzzling thoughts about the sights of Rarotonga. Golly it's difficult to be a photographer sometimes! I'm glad I'm a gardener...
6. Plant of the Month : Clematis montana? Hmm...
The archway through to the pond paddock is beautifully covered with this potentially invasive Clematis - for now!
7. Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss
Lilli-Puss my reclusive grey cat keeps me company when I work (or relax) in the Willow Tree Garden. This is her patch. Well done, Lilli!
8. Garden Quote : No Panicking
My new garden rule has definite benefits...
An unknown Malus tree in my driveway provides this beautiful image of pinkness.
10. Forum Focus : Getting ready for summer - or winter?
The Moosey Forums have been a bit quiet of late. But we're all still there, even if in spirit! Pop in and say hello.
11. Gardening Advice : No Scary Lists
Only lists of one item are now allowed in my journal. Such things, strictly speaking, aren't lists at all, hee hee.
12. Searching for Moosey : ideas for garden paths
- garden paths
- I can't offer much variety - my paths usually have to be moveable, and so they are either left 'au naturale' or covered in soft shredded bark. But I've updated all the paths pages, with new photographs. Have a wander...
13. Coming up this month : Proper summer days.
Colour, warmth, watering, and roses. November is the loveliest month of the year? Maybe, maybe... All the best for your November in the garden.