Moosey News : November and December 2012
November and December are my colourful rose months. My garden celebrates a midsummer Christmas, with salads, barbecues and cool beers. And the holidays are hot, hot, hot! Well, hopefully not too hot...
November and December Features :
- The Herb Spiral is Finished!
- Darcy Bussell Rose
- Goodbye November
- Carroll Hut Hiking Trip
- Moosey Calendars for 2013
- Plant of the Month : Forget-Me-Nots
- Animal of the Month : Minimus the Cat
- Garden Quote : On Not Remembering...
- Garden Gallery : Little Mac at Christmas
- Garden Thanks To : Non-Gardening Partner
- Gardening Advice : Quick!
- Searching for Moosey : Awatere Tussock Track
- Coming up this month : The year 2013
This month's features
This is one of my solo garden seats, perfect for a quiet relaxing My brick herb spiral is finished, and planted with herbs and flowers. I think it looks wonderful - see what you think.
In New Zealand, Mothers' Day is in the rose planting season, and I was gifted some new nursery roses. Darcy Bussell is one of my new David Austins. She’s beautiful!
This November was the prettiest month in my garden. There were so many beautiful roses flowering I didn't even notice the weeds lurking underneath. Phew!
A page about my latest trip into the mountains, with a 700 metre climb up onto the tussock tops. Enjoy!
I've made two Moosey 2013 Calendars for you to download and enjoy. One has general garden views, the other features all seven of the Moosey cats.
6. Plants of the Month : Forget-Me-Nots
And not the super-stylish ones, either. Just the common garden weedy ones, so pretty in spring, so sticky in summer when it's time to pull them out.
7. Animal of the Month : Minimus the Cat
Minimus is my special Pond cottage cat.
8. Garden Quote : On Not Remembering...
Celebrate being forgetful, I say!
The youngest Moosey cat (black and white Little Mac) features on this year's Christmas photograph. She's one year old now.
10. Garden Thanks To : ThNon-Gardening Partner
This man fixes the pumps, mows the lawns, supports my crazy gardening schemes (well, most of them) as well as accompanying me on energetic hiking trips. A great all-round bloke! Thanks, NGP.
11. Gardening Advice : Quick!
Advice for gardening in the wind. And for life in general, whether windy or not.
12. Searching for Moosey : Awatere Tussock Track
- Awatere Tussock Track
- I've made a return trip to this private tramping track, enjoying it even more. The high country tussock land is magnificent.
12. Coming up this month : The year 2013.
I hope that 2012 has ended as well for you as it has for me. All the very best for your holidays and for the gardening year to come. Anyone want to borrow my New Year's Resolutions? I'll have one or two spare ones, that's for sure!