Moosey News : April 2013
The garden has seen rather a lot of me lately. April has been a great working month, with lots of photographs of plants, gardens, cats and the dog, and the autumn bonfire. Trouble is, my bonfire always looks the same, since it is technically a continuation of itself... Oh well. Enjoy!
April Features :
- Leonardo da Vinci Rose
- Lady of Megginch Rose
- Around Mount Bradley
- Being Away, Being Back...
- Earthquake Memorial Day
- Plant of the Month : Dogwood Trees
- Animals of the Month : Lilli-Puss and her Cat Lounge
- Garden Quote : 'Do you have any bad habits in the garden, Moosey?'
- Garden Gallery : Pansies
- Garden Thanks To : Autumn
- Gardening Advice : Retro
- Searching for Moosey : Agapanthuses?
- Coming up this month : Autumn Questions
This month's features
What a brilliant man! And what a brilliant rose! And he's pink...
Oops. Two new pink roses in one newsletter - never mind. This is one of my latest David Austin English roses.
Here's another of my great walks in the wilderness - well, high on the peninsula above the harbour, in the gorse and tussock. Enjoy!
There's nothing like a little absence to make the gardening heart grow fonder.
There I was in my garden, trying to celebrate a solemn local memorial day...
6. Plants of the Month : Dogwood Trees
Years ago I planted some slow growing variegated Cornus (Dogwood) trees, clever gardener that I was back then. Their autumn colour is so wonderful.
7. Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss and her Cat Lounge
Dear Lilli-Puss has her own personal space in the hay barn. Pop in and visit her any time...
8. Garden Quote : 'Do you have any bad habits in the garden, Moosey?'
There are lots of quotes on this journal page, as I pretend to interview myself.
9. Garden Gallery : Pansies
There's a new series of photographs of these little blue and lemon charmers to show you. I always collect their seeds for the following year, too.
10. Garden Thanks To : Autumn
Thanks to autumn for being so groovy this year. But when isn't autumn groovy?
11. Gardening Advice : Retro
Sometimes retro needs to be taken with a grain of salt? Particularly when it applies to gardening books...
12. Searching for Moosey : Agapanthuses?
- My advice is to treat Agapanthus like Polyanthus. Just use the phrase 'Agapanthus plants' for their plural, and hold your head high! Yippee for their greenery, by the way - I've been gifted lots of these lately.
12. Coming up this month : Autumn Questions
How much longer will the beautiful autumn leaves last? How soon until the first frost? Have I really got room for yet more Agapanthus? And will the autumn bonfire ever be finished? Hmm... Some things are best left unanswered - better to just enjoy the garden and take what the season brings. Happy gardening!