Garden Visits and Tours
Head Gardener at Armadale.
Whether organising your own gardening tour or joining a tour group, visiting other people's gardens is surely almost as exciting as being home in your own garden!
Lots of celebrities, as well as real gardening experts, lead garden tour groups to faraway places. If you like to 'do your own thing' there'll many surprises in store. Many countries have Open Gardens schemes (for example, the famous yellow book of UK gardens). Concentrated Google searching will give you more than enough gardens to choose from.
The garden visiting links that follow are just the tip of the gardening iceberg. I've been to each of the gardens in person, an 'anonymoosey'.
As for the tours - well, I'd love to try each and every one out - maybe next holiday! Tour links to come...
Gardens I've Visited in Scotland
- Armadale Castle Gardens
- Stone ruins, beautiful gullies and woodlands, and a castle cat.
- Attadale has a wonderful sunken garden as well as rhododendron walks.
- The Grande Dame of Scotland's open gardens.
- A beautiful terraced garden full of woodland treasures, overlooking Loch Ness.
Gardens I've Visited in England
- Mannington Hall Rose Gardens
- A large country house with a rose garden in Norfolk.
- The Old Vicarage
- A much talked about Norfolk garden - very stylish!
- Marwood Hill
- This garden is in Devon.
- Lots to see, including some cherished Eucalyptus trees and Cordylines. Reminds me of home...
- An interesting Somerset garden I stumbled on by accident.