Shaded Hosta Leaves
Hostas are one of the most popular foliage plants. They are remarkably easy to grow (as long as the slugs and snails are dealt to). Hosta breeding has introduced some amazing leaf variations, too.
Mooseys has a lot of hostas, but none of the names are known. Hosta breeders will shudder at this, and at the total lack of knowledge of hosta types planted in the Moosey garden. Visits to the following websites should therefore be compulsory for one gardener, at least!
Favourite Hosta Resources
- The American Hosta Society
- The largest Hosta Society in the world has a strong scientific emphasis and a lot of information.
- The Hosta Library
- Houpt's Hosta Habit
- Houpt's is a complete website for hosta lovers with pictures, links, hosta growing and planting guides and a dedicated hosta forum.
- Hosta Species and Cultivars List
- The Hosta Network
- All shades of hosta information in this comprehensive resource.
- A frequently-updated site with a stunning collection of Hosta photography. Click on 'updates' for recent photos of the hostas included.
- Hosta Valley
- Hosta information and photos, including 'hosta of the week'.