Lucky dogs...

Have decided that this is a 'Be Really Nice to My Dogs' day. So already we've been for two walks. Throughout the day I will talk to them lots and we will do fun things. Like gardening! Lucky dogs!

We all go for walks together...
The Dogs with one of the Fred Cats

So far today I've been in the depths of the Stables Garden pulling out Forget-me-nots and Cleavers (which is suddenly rampant and ready to set seed). Have left all my mess lying on the driveway. Have promised to rake it up at the end of the day - as one does...

Am still celebrating the joy of music I experienced yesterday. It was the silliest singing day of my year. Sung alto in a morning groovy quasi-mediaeval Rubbra Mass, followed by a bustling afternoon Handel's Messiah. Then changed my clothes and sang early evening Christmas Carols in a concert. And then zoomed off to the folk club to perform with my vocal girlie trio 'The Saffron Sisters'. Was pretty proud of myself when I finally arrived home.

By the house.
Westerland Roses

A voice and a garden, but no Speckles...

Today I still have a voice, I still have a gorgeous garden, and I have time to walk around it with my dogs. Except I don't seem to have a stray cat called Speckles - he has been AWOL for five days. I start thinking he is lying sick (or deceased) underneath a hedge somewhere. And he is in the semi-finals of my 2022 Football World Cup Sweepstake, playing Black Fred (Argentina). If he doesn't turn up by his semi-final match, I am jolly well going to disqualify him. Aha!

Later...

I had such a funny follow-your-nose afternoon. Was on my way to the Hump Garden to weed a large patch of Campion. But the first path needed weeding. Stopped and did it. But then the edges of the Driveway Lawn leading around to the Hump Garden needed trimming. Stopped and did them.

Three hours later - another pair of jeans with a very grubby bottom, another gardening shirt and pair of socks both completely covered with biddi-bids. Didn't quite reach my weeding destination. Oh well.

Strrrrrretch!
Fred and Winnie

But I've raked up all my mess. Am now feeling clean and happy - the evening meal is cooking and I don't have any more silly sing-outs. And my dogs have kept me company all day. That's nice.