Moosey News : January 2007
All the best for the year 2007. Let's all hope that nothing extreme happens in our gardens, or out there in the big wide world. And let's all keep gardening madly, planning and plotting, creating and weeding, and enjoying ourselves! Have a great gardening year!
This month's features :
- Reviewing my Old Roses
- B-Puss and Fluff-Fluff - Your Own Cat Pages
- Beverly Hills Hebe
- My New Blue Garden Seats
- Visit to Narnia
- Plant of the Month : New Zealand Toetoe
- Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
- Garden Quote : Good Wishes - the Moosey Christmas Message.
- Garden Gallery : Peony in the Rain Flower
- Forum Focus : Roses Everywhere
- Gardening Advice : Weeding Therapy
- Searching for Moosey : Dogs and Weeding
- Coming up this month : All the S-words...
This month's features
It's the middle of the second summer in the second to back paddock... Anyway, my old fashioned archway roses in the Hazelnut Orchard get some timely feedback...
My sparkling snow-white cat, named Beige Puss in a moment of extreme colour confusion, gets his own page. And so does his 'house brother', my lovely boy-cat Fluff-Fluff.
A bargain bin plant, but nothing budget about this Hebe's flowers - or its super-stylish name. Plant marketers must think that we gardeners are trendy socialites, however...
Well, they're almost blue - just waiting for the painter, you understand.
The battle scene in the film 'The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe' was filmed on Flock Hill Station, high in the mountains of New Zealand's South Island.
6. Plant of the Month : New Zealand Toetoe
Oops. Imposter toetoes (pampas grasses) have been discovered lurking in the New Zealand Natives section. I've finally put the record straight.
7. Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
This month's newsletter is extremely catty (I mean feline), so I'd like to nominate Rusty the Dog for animal of the month. He's a better poser than the cats, and thus makes a great doggy contribution to my journal.
8. Garden Quote : Good Wishes
A bit like the Queen's message, official Christmas and New Year wishes from oldish-lady gardeners should be thoughtful and memorable. I've done my best!
The peonies have been perfect this year - except that they've been lying down on the job! Rain and the Head Gardeners No-Staking policy are both to blame.
10. Forum Focus : Roses Everywhere
Roses in Belgium have been flowering in mid-winter, while New Zealand roses do their mid-summer thing. What a wonderful world!
11. Gardening Advice : Weeding Therapy
If you're feeling blue, a little peaky - if your spirits are flat, and you think you're missing out on something - try Weeding Therapy! An hour's light weeding may be all you need!
12. Searching for Moosey : Dogs and Weeding
- dog kennel garden
- First there was a search for 'dog kennel garden'. Yippee! Is there someone else out there who names their gardens after silly things? I'll bet their idea of a 'dog kennel garden' doesn't involve a boring old white bath, some cute little conifers, and an old candlestick holder...
- weeding day
- Now, being a bit of an old romantic, I suspect a spelling mistake - surely no-one actually searches for information about spending a day in a garden weeding? So here's my latest rose page, with the rose Wedding Day!
13. Coming up this month : All the S-words...
The Great Summer Shut-Down, Stretch Out and Snooze in the Southern Sun...