Moosey News : December 2007
December is here again - how time flies when one is busy having fun in the garden, or reading gardening books and making lists inside. All the best for this Christmas month.
This month's features :
- Dunedin's Rhododendron Festival
- Back Again - Visiting the Ilam Azaleas
- The Sounds of Music
- Iris Flower Gallery
- Town and Country Roses
- Plant of the Month : Mary Rose
- Animal of the Month : The Three Youngest Moosey Cats
- Garden Quote : How Greedy are Gardeners?
- Garden Gallery : Blue Aquilegia
- Forum Focus : Cameras, Bugs, and Roses
- Gardening Advice : Lists
- Searching for Moosey : Septic Tanks
- Coming up this month : Lots of Positives!
This month's features
I really love deciduous Azaleas, and the hybrids bred at Ilam gardens in Christchurch are very famous. Perhaps it's time to visit the nursery as well as the Azalea Gardens...
'Only a rose - I loooooooove you...' - I'm looking forward to the sounds of flowery singing as an amateur ladies choir visits the Moosey Garden.
It's been a brilliant year for my irises - well, most of them. And I have grand plans for those that didn't quite get round to flowering...
This last month began with a Rhododendron Festival and has ended with a Rose Festival. Enjoy some more travelling tales as I visit other people's beautiful gardens.
6. Plant of the Month : Mary Rose
A true English rose - delicate of complexion, sturdy of limb, and breathtaking as far as beauty goes. Ha! Sounds just like her namesake, the Head Gardener! Her latest picture is in the journal - the rose, that is!
7. Animal of the Month : The Three Youngest Moosey Cats
Percy, Histeria and Lilli-Puss are nearly one year old. What lovely country cats they're growing up into!
8. Garden Quote : How Greedy are Gardeners?
Hmm... What do gardeners really want? Check out my journal and see if you agree!
The new Moosey son-in-law has been busy taking some beautiful photographs of the pets and the garden. And he gives me his pictures for free...
10. Forum Focus : Cameras, Bugs, and Roses
Forum friends are getting cleverer, finding all the macro buttons and taking amazing photographs of their gardens. You'll enjoy these buggy and rosy pictures from Jack's summer garden.
11. Gardening Advice : Lists
Gardening lists are so important - there's always a place for more well-intentioned list advice!
12. Searching for Moosey : Septic Tanks
- Septic Tanks
- Ha! One of my earliest garden areas was named after the Septic Tank which it surrounds. You can tour the Septic Tank Garden - I promise it's a very sweet smelling place!
13. Coming up this month : Lots of positives.
Christmas, and family, and gourmet salads, and hot summer days which never end. But I mustn't forget to irrigate, weed, and trim those lawn edges... Blast! Have a great December and a wonderful Christmas.