Moosey News : November 2008
Spring is turning into summer, and suddenly there are beautiful things everywhere I look in the garden. As long as I'm not wearing my long-distance spectacles, that is - there's nothing wrong with a little fuzzy garden vision.
This month's features :
- Garden Ambience - A Dog's View
- New Pond Pages
- Rose Opulence
- Wattle Woods Garden Bench
- Histeria the Tabby
- Plant of the Month : Blue Aquilegias
- Animal of the Month : Fred Sheep and his Fleece
- Garden Quote : Gardening in the Moment
- Garden Gallery : Fruhlingsmorgen Rose
- Forum Focus : Gardening Energy
- Gardening Advice : 'Eradicate all pernicious weeds.'
- Searching for Moosey : rhododendron tree
- Coming up this month : Some lovely early summer adventures. Yippee!
This month's features
Dear Rusty the dog - always being told off for destroying the 'garden ambience'. No-one has ever explained to him exactly what this is...
I've been spring-cleaning the Moosey Garden Tour pages, so the Pond on the web has a few exciting updates - like wildernesses, and waterside paths.
This interesting red rose has come to Mooseys from a friend's garden.
New garden seats get trumpets and ribbon-cutting ceremonies (well, almost), whereas the older seats and benches are ignored. Here's a favourite older shady seat of mine.
Histeria, ex-wild cat, now responsible for the cleanliness of all Moosey cat ears, has her own pets page.
6. Plant of the Month : Blue Aquilegias
Spring nuisances - or beautiful blue flowering plants?
7. Animals of the Month : Fred Sheep and his Fleece
What a huge fleece! Recently shorn, Fred's huge fleece fills half a wool-bale on its own.
8. Garden Quote : Gardening in the Moment
Gardeners are always looking forwards, or looking backwards...
This is one of the most delicate looking early flowering roses I grow.
10. Forum Focus : Gardening Energy
Meet a valued garden helper with energy to share - please can I have some?
11. Gardening Advice : 'Eradicate all pernicious weeds.'
This stern piece of gardening advice came from a gardening library book. Do what you're told!
12. Searching for Moosey : rhododendron tree
- Rhododendron Trees
- Hmm... My rhododendrons have been growing here for ten years at the most. So none has yet had the time to turn into a tree, like the fine specimens I see in older gardens.
- The Moosey Rhododendrons
- Alas - the Moosey rhododendrons are much more modest - for now.
13. Coming up this month : Some early summer adventures. Yippee!
That's hiking and cycling and gardening. Oops - mustn't forget watering and weeding...