Moosey News : July 2009
This month's newsletter spans two winter months (June and July) in the life of the Moosey garden and web-site. I've been extra busy trying to sort out my wintry garden. So the best way to catch up the time is to squash up all the news? Hmm...
This month's features :
- Lies, Lies and Garden Writers
- Cliff-Top Walk
- Winter Greens
- Presenting The 2009 Seed Catalogue
- The New Car Bridge
- Plant of the Month : John Clare Rose
- Animal of the Month : B-Puss
- Garden Quote : Wisdom from the Moosey Dog, for a change...
- Garden Gallery : Lilac in Flower
- Forum Focus : An English Garden, in 1995
- Gardening Advice : Gloomy Days
- Searching for Moosey : cat hoarder
- Coming up this month : More gardening daylight. Yippee!
This month's features
Have you ever read about lady gardeners who move mountains - according to the garden journalist, that is?
My local cliff-top walk is delightful in winter, and only minutes away from the nicest hot-chocolate cafe...
There's not much colour in my winter garden - apart from green. But I like green. I LOVE green...
The seed catalogue arrives in the post, bringing much winter joy...
A new super-strength bridge now spans the water race. Trucks, cars, and the hedge trimmer will no longer face the prospect of sinking into the water....
6. Plant of the Month : John Clare Rose
John Clare (a pink David Austin English rose) just keeps on flowering, right through June and July. Silly rose!
7. Animal of the Month : B-Puss the Beautiful
This month my beautiful B-Puss features in a water-colour painting. I still miss him, but in a happy kind of way - especially when he can inspire others.
8. Garden Quote : Wisdom from the Moosey Dog, for a change...
Well, my dog and I do have rather long conversations, so I'd expect some of my wisdom to have rubbed off on him...
Unfortunately this beautiful lilac isn't in the Moosey garden, but it was photographed by the Moosey camera on a recent holiday. So it's allowed.
10. Forum Focus : An English Garden, in 1995
It's just a tiny topic, but I was fascinated by Jack's visit (back in 1995) to a very special English garden. See what you think...
11. Gardening Advice : Gloomy Days
Great advice, designed to keep all gardeners (including me) feeling positive...
12. Searching for Moosey : cat hoarder
- cat hoarder
- I'm not a cat hoarder, so I don't know why anyone would search the Moosey web-site looking for evidence! As proof, I've published a group photograph of all my eight cats. Just eight. No more.
13. Coming up this month : More gardening daylight.
Yippee! There's nothing more to say.