Moosey News : March 2012
Apart from the dahlias, desperate to finish flowering before the first frost, my autumn garden is peaceful, slow, and serene. But wait a minute - autumn is the perfect time for an energetic garden make-over or two. Aargh!
This month's features :
- Lady Hillingdon Climbing Rose
- Couch-Hiking in North West Nelson
- Welcome to Early Autumn
- Raspberry or Strawberry Ice?
- Colour Issues
- Plant of the Month : Kronenburg Roses
- Animal of the Month : Little Mac the Kitten
- Garden Quote : From William Shakespeare
- Garden Gallery : Autumn Compassion Roses
- Forum Focus : Gardening Friends
- Gardening Advice : On Budgeting
- Searching for Moosey : recycling in the garden
- Coming up this month : The Mellowness of Autumn
This month's features
A rose story with a definite moral...
This trip covers nearly three hundred kilometres, on five separate web-pages. Join me as I 'couch-hike' with Daughter of Moosey on the Wangapeka Track, the Heaphy Track, over the Douglas Range, and down the Leslie-Karamea. You'll need to be feeling quite energetic...
So remind me again. When does autumn actually start in the Southern Hemisphere? Ditto spring in the north?
There's been another 'oops' moment regarding the roses Raspberry Ice and Strawberry Ice. Hopefully I've got them sorted out now.
A brilliant article in my latest Fine Gardening Magazine has got me thinking...
6. Plants of the Month : Kronenburg Roses
This beautiful, uniquely coloured rose isn't quite every gardener's cup of (hybrid) tea...
7. Animal of the Month : Little Mac the Kitten
Congratulations to Little Mac, the youngest Moosey cat, for learning to use the cat-door. And happily using it in the middle of a dark, rainy night. Result - one drenched kitten...
8. Garden Quote : From William Shakespeare
Thanks to Shakespeare's Macbeth, for describing so well how I admonish my dog.
You'll have to scroll halfway down the page to see the Compassion Roses, in full autumn saturation. It's worth it!
10. Forum Focus : Gardening Friends
Best of friends on this gardening forum, we always support each other.
11. Gardening Advice : On Budgeting
Here's some budgeting advice for sushi lovers who also garden and collect gnomes...
12. Searching for Moosey : recycling in the garden
- recycling in the garden
- I'm always recycling my own plants, shifting them here and there, dividing them up, growing cuttings, and so on. My most recent recycles have been of the retro-rosy variety...
12. Coming up this month : The Mellowness of Autumn
With leaf-fall, cool mornings, fiery colours on the trees, maybe the first sneaky frost... Blast! I've just had that energetic garden-make-over thought again. All the best for your garden, whether it's 'springing' into shape or 'falling' into repose.