Moosey News : April, May 2012
Two months in the garden is a long time, and I've been so busy. It's my autumn season, so apart from the tidying up (and the pretty coloured leaves) there hasn't been much to write about. Or has there?
This month's features :
- Daffodils and Kittens
- Another Autumn Garden Make-Over
- New David Austin Roses - To Buy or Not to Buy
- Hiking the Awatere Tussock Track
- Cats of the World
- Plant of the Month : Dogwood Tree
- Animal of the Month : Tiger the Cat
- Garden Quote : Starting and Finishing
- Garden Gallery : Foliage by the Water
- Forum Focus : Slow Gardening Times
- Gardening Advice : The Big Three
- Searching for Moosey : garden quotes
- Coming up this month : Winter? Brr...
This month's features
Here's Little Mac, the black and white kitten, 'helping' me plant my daffodil bulbs...
This one was my easiest garden make-over ever. The coffee didn't even get cold, hee hee...
To buy, surely? So why the agonising and soul-searching justifications?
Join me on a three day trip in the beautifully enigmatic (and challenging) high country of Marlborough, New Zealand. Each day gets its own page of blue skies photographs, with a blonde hiker in the blonde tussock...
Meet some beautiful cats from Istanbul.
6. Plants of the Month : Dogwood Tree
Autumn leaves in the late afternoon sunshine - pure magic! I believe this is the variety Cherokee Sunset.
7. Animal of the Month : Tiger the Cat
Tiger the tortoiseshell is in public disgrace for misdemeanours in my pantry. The whole world knows, Tiger. So remind me - why is she getting the Animal of the Month Award?
8. Garden Quote : Starting and Finishing
This must be the yin-yang of gardening life.
I'm so lucky to have a running watery stream in my garden. The trees and plants look wonderful all year round.
10. Forum Focus : Slow Gardening Times
We must all be far too busy nurturing late spring treasures or raking up late autumn leaves - the forums have been a bit sleepy of late. The most faithful never sleep, though...
11. Gardening Advice : The Big Three
Check out my latest three rules for a happy healthy gardening life.
12. Searching for Moosey : garden quotes
- garden quotes
- Ignore my own little platitudes about gardening and instead enjoy this wonderful quote from Cicero - it's much more memorable!
12. Coming up this month : Winter? Brr...
I always giggle about the upside-down world of gardening. My garden is looking forward to the shortest day and winter. Did I say 'looking forward to'? Hmm... I hope you will be enjoying lots of happy (and sunny) gardening in the coming weeks.