Moosey News : July 2012
This year my Great Winter Clean-Up is better, bigger, and brighter than ever. I'm sure it is. Oh yes - I can see the results of my improvements now. Positive visualisation is such a wonderful trick for gardeners! Enjoy!
This month's features :
- A Paler Shade of Winter
- Regarding Garden Gnomes...
- Golden Tribute Rose
- Feeding the Birds
- Iris confusa Chengdu
- Plant of the Month : Pretty Polyanthus
- Animal of the Month : Cats of the World
- Garden Quote : New Things
- Garden Gallery : Percy the Ginger Cat
- Forum Focus : Gardens or Kitchens?
- Gardening Advice : Abandon le Tour? Never!
- Searching for Moosey : garden seat
- Coming up this month : The arrival of the London Moosey relatives.
This month's features
Own up now. In your cold months would you rather look at photographs of lovely colour, or damp, brown, dead vegetation and icy frost?
Enough said! This hoary old chestnut (?) keeps on keeping on. Some gardeners must have nothing else to think about...
This glowing golden rose reminds me that the 2012 Olympics have just started. Go, everyone! No cheating for those gold medals, though...
Flocks of wax-eye birds are coming to my house patio for winter food. These birds are welcome visitors, even if the patio tiles tend to get rather messy...
Here's an interesting perennial (if a bit scruffy) that I grow in the Dog-Path Garden.
6. Plants of the Month : Pretty Polyanthus
My July winter journal pages are littered with pictures of my potted polyanthus plants. Their strong bursts of colour brighten up the dullest of winter days.
7. Animal of the Month : Cats of the World
Daughter of Moosey has sent more pictures of cats she's met (and fed) on her travels. I'd love to pat each and every one!
8. Garden Quote : New Things
Another of my life's deepest and most meaningful hopes - to keep on enjoying new music, new plants, new garden ideas...
Percy is a shy gentleman, but lately he's been appearing more in the sunny winter garden...
10. Forum Focus : Gardens or Kitchens?
Spam never sleeps. Suddenly the forum has a host of keen kitchen-doer-uppers offering friendly copy-and-pasted advice. Shouldn't laugh, I guess - nothing wrong with a good new kitchen. I'd rather spend the money on plants, though...
11. Gardening Advice : Abandon le Tour? Never!
Lately I've been watching the Tour de France cycling, and the beauty of the rural French scenery has impressed. I'd love to be there in person, though I'd be better walking up the steep bits.
12. Searching for Moosey : garden seat
- garden seat
- I often get mail from searchers who've spied one of my garden seat photographs, and fallen in love. Hmm... That's not strictly true. They've usually seen an older garden seat picture taken by the web-master at the 2005 Chelsea Flower Show. Never mind. One day one of my own seats will shine!
12. Coming up this month : The Arrival of the Moosey relatives
Yippee! But will they think I'm even dafter than I was when we last met? Does it worry me that son calls me 'my mad mother'? Nope! A mad gardener, maybe. Greetings, then, to all other (possibly mad) gardeners out there. All the best for you and your garden in the coming month.