Moosey News : March 2011
March has been a brilliant month for the recovery of the somewhat subdued Moosey Spirit, and a wonderful prelude to autumn proper. My garden, my life, back where it should be...
This month's features :
- Green Goddesses
- It's Daffodil Time Again
- Moosey's Facebook and Twitter
- Christchurch's February Earthquake
- Plant of the Month : Blue Autumn Asters
- Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
- Garden Quote : Taking My Own Advice
- Garden Gallery : Garden Gnomes in the Shrubbery
- Forum Focus : Quiet Times
- Gardening Advice : Loneliness
- Searching for Moosey : phormium advice
- Coming up this month : A gentle earth...
This month's features
Green Goddess is a beautiful name for a plant. But exactly which plants are so lucky?
I rediscover Ken Druse, garden writer extraordinaire, and his book which explores 'The Myths, Mysteries, and Miracles of My Garden Favorites'.
My friend Daffodil Planter runs a big Blogorama at the beginning of each daffodil season. For me it's bulb planting time, but for many of her other gardening friends it's spring. Yippee!
Read about the unconfident arrival of the Head Gardener as a gardening social networker on Facebook and Twitter...
February was going really well, until lunchtime on the 22nd when Christchurch had its earthquake. Not so large on the Richter scale, but devastating for the city's Victorian brick buildings, and many homes in the suburbs. It was difficult keeping the Moosey journal going with tragedy only 25 kilometers away.
6. Plant of the Month : Blue Autumn Asters
Flop? No way. Mildew? Never heard of it. These charmers are always healthy, and a beautiful blue.
7. Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
I've spent the last weeks frantically getting the garden ready for visitors. And every day, drizzle or sunshine, Rusty the dog has kept me company. He definitely deserves an award, even if his idea of being 'dog company' is a bit noisy.
8. Garden Quote : Taking My Own Advice
I'm always giving advice to myself. So how about taking it?
My two newest garden gnomes are on this new page, posing with Fluff-Fluff the cat. Or should that be Fluff-Fluff the cat posing with the gnomes? Hmm...
10. Forum Focus : Quiet Times
Apart from the relentless spammers the forums have been a little quiet of late. All us busy gardeners are busy being busy.
11. Gardening Advice : On Loneliness
And cats and dogs in the garden...
12. Searching for Moosey : phormium advice
- phormium advice
- You don't have to search far in the real Moosey garden or the website to find Phormiums. There may not be much advice, but at least you'll see plenty of pictures!
13. Coming up this month : A gentle earth...
Soon to be covered by beautiful autumn leaves. And no wind? That would be really lovely. Energy to burn? Aargh! Burn - as in the autumn bonfire...