Moosey News : January 2008
I always make New Year’s Resolutions, like every good gardener should, and naturally they are immediately thrown on the compost heap with all the other Moosey weeds. I hope you have more success with yours!
This month's features :
- A Well Groomed Dog
- The Best of the Garden in 2007
- Summer Yellow Daisy Shrub - Senecio
- Cleaning Up After Trees
- Larnach Castle Garden
- Plant of the Month : Golden Calendula
- Animal of the Month : Please, Not Tiger the Cat
- Garden Quote : Compost
- Garden Gallery : Golden Tribute Rose
- Forum Focus : Goodwill...
- Gardening Advice : On Unwanted Objects
- Searching for Moosey : Naked Dog
- Coming up this month : Weeds and Water
This month's features
My Border Collie dog Rusty is long haired, with a hairy little skirt wrapped discretely around his hips and bottom. Would I recognise him after a summer visit to the dog groomer? Definitely not from behind!
Even though the gardening calendar on earth is nothing like the one on paper, there's still a sense of closure at the end of a gardening year. Here's my list of 'bests and worsts' for 2007.
Another beautifully colourful New Zealand flowering shrub, covered with yellow daisies - and bees - in the height of summer.
Here's a riveting article on the somewhat thankless garden task of cleaning up tree mess - an activity which is almost as boring as weeding...
This New Zealand book is my favourite gardening book for the year 2007. Read about it and see if you agree!
6. Plant of the Month : Golden Calendula
This is a humble summer annual whose beautiful flowers pop up in and around my vegetable garden.
7. Animal of the Month : Please Not Tiger the Cat
Finally exposed as the cat that piddled on the brand new TV screen, and in the grand piano, as well as in the box of tramping food stashed in the pantry - Tiger the Tortoiseshell is making a few scandalous appearances in the Moosey Journal. She can't possibly get this month's award - can she?
8. Garden Quote : Compost
This quote concerns the lack of a certain ingredient in the Moosey home-made compost.
This rose blooms in the 'in-between rose season' - it's my tribute to peace for gardeners around the world.
10. Forum Focus : Goodwill
All the forum friends are wondering what the year 2008 will bring! And we all want the simple things. One friend is celebrating the festive season belatedly - read about one special dog's adventure.
11. Gardening Advice : On Unwanted Objects
We all have unwanted objects which are too heavy or expensive to remove from our gardens...
12. Searching for Moosey : naked dog
- Naked Dog
- Don't be alarmed - this is still a family friendly site! The early pictures of my long-haired dog after being closely clipped certainly have a naked look...
13. Coming up this month : Weeds and Water.
Actually that should have a greater sense of action - how about weeding and watering? All the best for the New Year, and I hope the only surprises 2008 springs on you are good ones!