Organic Moosey Praying Mantis
Organic gardening ideas aren't new, and they can teach us a great deal. Mooseys is as organic as it can be, and tries to be aware of the bigger organic gardening environment.
Many ornamental sprays will kill beneficial insects like ladybirds - and who by choice wants to have nasty chemicals on their vegetables? Chemicals don't just stay on the surface, either - they can leach down into aquifers and contaminate water supplies.
So if you think that organic gardeners (and farmers) are a bunch of loonies and greenies, think again! Enjoy the following links to websites where you'll learn more about the organic movement.
Organic Gardening Links
- Organic Pathways
- This is a great New Zealand organic site.
- Rose Gardening The Organic Way
- Learn how to grow roses organically, without chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
- The Centre for Alternative Technology
- A great site for info, books and lots of clever alternative products.
- Avant Gardening
- Creative and practical advice on organic gardening, from a high-altitude Mexican formal garden.
- Organic Gardening
- This site is now closed down, but its history makes interesting reading. The link will take you to an explanation of what happened. Thanks to Rachel for updating me.
- Organic Gardening Tips
- A comprehensive directory of organic gardening tips.
- Green Living
- For green living tips, product reviews and environmental health updates and advice.