Moosey News : December 2009
This my last newsletter for the year 2009 - time to look back and work out exactly what I've done this year. Oops. The answer is simple - I've enlarged the garden and bought squillions of new plants. So 2010 is definitely going to be the year of the gardening budget.
This month's features :
- Getting the Garden ready for Christmas
- Rose Alberic Barbier
- Climb Every Mountain
- Sharing the Animals
- Garden Calendar for 2010
- Plant of the Month : Golden Leafed Escallonia
- Animal of the Month : Fluff-Fluff
- Garden Quote : What real gardeners enjoy...
- Garden Gallery : An Unknown Apricot Rose
- Forum Focus : Too Busy Gardening
- Gardening Advice : For Cat Owners
- Searching for Moosey : garden awards
- Coming up this month : A brand new year...
This month's features
It could be just a dose of traditional guilt, but I always think I have to get the garden ready for Christmas. Then I usually spend Christmas afternoon gardening anyway...
I've had a couple of Alberic Barbiers growing in my garden for some years. It's time they got their own rose page.
A cautionary tale about being an intrepid well-equipped hiker and getting everything right except the length of the hike...
Images of the Moosey animals pop up around the world on other peoples websites, in vet brochures - the lucky ones even have art works dedicated to them.
This is the garden calendar that I sent to all my friends for Christmas - minus the mistakes! It's free to download.
6. Plant of the Month : Golden Leafed Escallonia
Ha! A bargain bin shrub gets the top award in this the month of summer flowers and roses. Well done, Escallonia!
7. Animal of the Month : Fluff-Fluff
Fluff-Fluff has been my supreme gardening cat this year. And since he's always following me around, he features in quite a lot of my garden photographs. Well done, FF!
8. Garden Quote : What real gardeners enjoy...
The language may be rather informal, but I hope you know what I mean!
This rose was shifted from somewhere (I've forgotten where) and planted on the edge of the Island Bed. What a beauty!
10. Forum Focus : Too Busy Gardening
Sometimes gardeners are just too busy to write much in the Moosey forums. And that includes the Head Gardener herself. Oops...
11. Gardening Advice : For Cat Owners
I've put the whole family (feline, canine, and human) on a Shape Up For Life campaign. You've probably guessed - it's just a diet! Sorry, family...
12. Searching for Moosey : garden awards
- Garden Awards for 2009
- I guess I give myself garden awards all the time. But for something slightly more serious, my own Best of 2009 Garden Awards have been chosen, decided, and published. Best Cat, Best Dog, Best Garden Gnome...
13. Coming up this month : A brand new year.
I've already planned my New Year's Resolution - to look after what I've got. So 2010 looks like a year where I'll be digging in, so to speak. No new plants, no new garden expansions... Aargh! How will I survive?
All the very best to you and yours (family, friends, pets, garden...) for 2010..