Moosey News : January 2010
It's a bit late for more New Year's Resolutions for 2010, but one of mine should have been to get the Moosey newsletter out on time. Oops. Better late than never? I do hope so!
This month's features :
- New Year's Resolutions
- The Moosey Vegetable Garden
- Getting the Right Spot - The New White Garden Seat
- Ellen Rose
- The Hump Garden - An Ongoing Garden Project
- Plant of the Month : Red Daylilies
- Animal of the Month : Mugsy the Cat
- Garden Quote : Finishing Tasks
- Garden Gallery : Graham Thomas Roses
- Forum Focus : A New Puppy!
- Gardening Advice : Stick to the List
- Searching for Moosey : garden path
- Coming up this month : Garden visitors
This month's features
Humph. if I stick to my New Year's Resolutions I won't be able to have any new fun in the garden...
Well - I've snacked on all the peas. The lettuces have been brilliant. So have the beans, but my family doesn't seem to eat beans. My vegetable garden still doesn't quite make the grade...
The new white wire garden seat has arrived. But where to put it?
4. Ellen Rose
Here's another classic pastel David Austin rose.
The scruffy area I call the Hump is finally recognised. Things grow slowly in here, but scruff is fast turning to beauty...
6. Plant of the Month : Red Daylilies
I'd like to particularly celebrate my red daylilies, survivors of mistaken identity and a long stint in the compost.
7. Animal of the Month : Mugsy the Cat
Mugsy the Cat has finally joined the dearly departed Moosey cats in memorial row. She's tree-less at the moment - it's the wrong season for memorial tree planting.
8. Garden Quote : Finishing Tasks
Oh dear. Stating the obvious again?
Some more classic David Austin roses - the camera loves these soft yellow beauties. They never take a poor picture.
10. Forum Focus : A New Puppy!
I just adore forum friend Jack's photographs of his new puppy, a Rhodesian Ridgeback called Mateczka.
11. Gardening Advice : Stick to the List
I don't know about you, but I'm always writing lists - and then I ignore most of the items.
12. Searching for Moosey : garden path
- garden path
- Up the garden path, down the garden path - where exactly is the garden path? Through here? The Moosey paths are getting cleaned up for a Garden Club visit...
13. Coming up this month : Garden visitors.
Some are official, some gardening friends from overseas. Such a great excuse to weed everything, rake absolutely all the paths, and work eight hour gardening days... But it is fun to have something to slightly show-off. Don't you be too modest about showing off your garden, either!
February is such a sneaky, short month, so gardeners will have to make every day count - whether planning or planting. All the very best for February.