Moosey News : January 2012
This year, 2012, I'm going to try really hard to publish the newsletter at the end of the third week of each month. So far, so good! Happy New Year, and all the best for this new gardening year we will share.
This month's features :
- 2012 Garden, Cats, and Dog Calendars
- Nosy Gardeners
- Wriggling Stream through the Wattle Woods
- New Year's Garden Awards
- Too Hot to Garden?
- Plant of the Month : Abraham Darby Rose
- Animal of the Month : Little Mac the New Kitten
- Garden Quote : When Subtle Means Forgotten...
- Garden Gallery : My Official Christmas Photograph
- Forum Focus : Gardening Friends
- Gardening Advice : Plants Waiting Patiently
- Searching for Moosey : garden ornaments
- Coming up this month : Watering the Summer Garden
This month's features
All the 2012 calendars are free to download and print, with new photographs for each month. Choose between the garden, the cats, and Rusty the dog. And enjoy!
I just don't have a good nose for the sweet and beautiful in garden fragrances.
Here's my latest project, complete with river pumps and two little footbridges.
My New Year's Garden Awards don't have many surprises this year. Then again, they rarely do!
I wrote this article in the year 2004, So what's changed? Not much!
6. Plants of the Month : Abraham Darby Rose
This was the first truly luscious pastel rose I bought for my garden. He may be taken for granted now, but he's still much loved.
7. Animal of the Month : Little Mac the New Kitten
Little Mac the black and white kitten was rescued from the middle of the road at midnight, two nighs after Christmas. He (or she) is a real sweetie.
8. Garden Quote : When Subtle Means Forgotten...
Definitely a summertime thing...
Such a sequence of events needed to get the Head Gardener and her dog in the right place, well posed, for the Christmas photograph. Thanks to the self-timer on the camera for being so patient...
10. Forum Focus : Gardening Friends
Friends pop in and out of the forums all the time - which is what friends are for, after all!
11. Gardening Advice : Giving Thanks...
My New Year's Resolution to give thanks at least twice a day is pretty good advice...
12. Searching for Moosey : garden ornaments
- garden ornaments
- These concrete cricketing chaps are a bit more upmarket (and specialised) than your average garden ornament, the common garden gnome. Enjoy!
13. Coming up this month : Watering the Summer Garden
I'm so lucky that we have our own well, and pond - plus running water in the form of an irrigation canal, or water race. My biggest watering month is coming up! I hope you're keeping cool (not too cool) and refreshed in your own garden.