Moosey News : February 2012
February felt like a very busy, bustling month, with much variety. Late summer? Definitely, some days, when the sun was shining. Early Autumn? Oh yes, that too, with woolly cardigans and winter frog pyjamas. Hope your February has been fun.
This month's features :
- Furry Gardening Friends
- Yellow Spiky Dahlia
- Footbridges in the Woods
- Staking the Dahlias
- Plant of the Month : Rose Just Joey
- Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
- Garden Quote : Celebrate the Random
- Garden Gallery : Summer Flowers - Dahlias and Lavateras
- Forum Focus : Kerole's Rambles
- Gardening Advice : My Path Thesis
- Searching for Moosey : gardening in the wind
- Coming up this month : Ooops...
This month's features
Three unlikely garden helpers have been keeping me company in the garden lately.
Yippee for this bold, bright yellow dahlia, leaning against a large Phormium for support.
I love these little additions to the network of paths and routes through the Wattle Woods.
These are my rough and tough plants of the moment - but only the tall ones, please.
Ha! I've been trying out a proper method of staking the peonies and dahlias, with limited success...
6. Plants of the Month : Just Joey Rose
This is such a favourite rose with so many gardeners. Finally I've got a Just Joey with a label...
7. Animal of the Month : Rusty the Dog
Dear Rusty - he's survived the constant attentions of Escher the brown puppy, who has been staying over at Mooseys.
8. Garden Quote : Celebrate the Random
This could well be my absolute gardening motto. It's what I do all the time!
There are no roses in this grouping - just a group of ordinary summer flowers. The colours are just gorgeous...
10. Forum Focus : Kerole's Rambles
Take a garden visit with friend Kerole - you'll have fun.
11. Gardening Advice : My Path Thesis
Aha - could well-raked garden paths be the secret to good garden design?
12. Searching for Moosey : gardening in the wind
- wind gardening
- Wind is annoying if it blows the plants (or the gardener) over, not to mention tree branches... I don't have any tips to make it pleasant. It's the noise that usually gets me...
12. Coming up this month : Ooops...
To be perfectly honest, I just don't know what to expect, with the vagaries of the weather. Maybe Autumn will come early!