Moosey News : Jan, Feb, and March 2013
Oops. Three whole gardening months have sped by - a whole quarter of a year! They've been hot and summery, full of colour, with so much to enjoy. The Head Gardener can surely be forgiven for taking things a bit slowly? Hmm... See what you think.
January, February, and March Features :
- Lichfield Angel Rose
- Dogs ARE Different...
- Sudden Valley Hiking Trip
- Bless the Rains
- Fifty Shades of Green!
- Plant of the Month : Hydrangeas
- Animals of the Month : Dame Tiger and Sir Fluff-Fluff
- Garden Quote : An Autumn Poem
- Garden Gallery : Flower Seed-Heads
- Garden Thanks To : Little Mac the Cat
- Gardening Advice : Personal Hygiene for the Mature Gardener
- Searching for Moosey : What's the plural of polyanthus?
- Coming up this month : The Great Autumn Shift and Swap-Around
This month's features
One of my pretty new David Austin roses now has its own rose page. Enjoy!
In a house filled with cats, Rusty the dog must sometimes feel that he's stuck at the bottom of the heap. Cats are so much more complex than dogs...
Just a smallish rocky alpine river valley with a small-scale gorge - but this hiking trip has left a huge impression on me.
My March garden was getting desperately dry. One day my singing friends and I were rehearsing a rain song by Toto. The next day - yippee! It worked.
Hee hee. Oddly, this journal page is full of all colours of every possible persuasion - except green!
6. Plants of the Month : Hydrangeas
Hydrangeas are such good, honest shrubs for my garden. They do need water, but then their name reminds me of that, doesn't it?
7. Animal of the Month : Dame Tiger and Sir Fluff-Fluff
Back at the beginning of the year 2013 I published my own New Year's Honours List. The two most senior (and fattest) cats gained a damehood and a knighthood. Congratulations, you two.
8. Garden Quote : An Autumn Poem.
Sweet and simple words by Emily Bronte to herald the start of fall.
Here's a montage of some beautifully intricate seed-heads. Subtle patterns, soft colours, and an appreciative bee!
10. Garden Thanks To : Little Mac
Sadly Little Mac my black and white cat disappeared from the garden in late February. She brightened up so many of my gardening days - thanks, little one.
11. Gardening Advice : Personal Hygiene for the Mature Gardener
The perils of soaking in a narrow bath after a big day in the garden.
12. Searching for Moosey : what's the plural of polyanthus?
- Polyanthus Plants
- When in doubt, just use the phrase 'polyanthus plants'. You won't be told off by experts in Latin, and so you'll be free to enjoy my collection of polyanthus photographs!.
12. Coming up this month : The Great Autumn Shift and Swap-Around.
Roses are growing in gardens that are far too shady, hydrangeas are growing in gardens that are far too sunny. There'll be some shifting and swapping around this autumn! I hope that all is well in your gardening life.