Moosey News : February 2010
Summer marches on in the Moosey Garden, and many of the annual and perennial flowers are over. So I'm collecting seeds madly, ready for sowing in the autumn. I'm being a resourceful gardener - for once!
This month's features :
- Be My Valentine...
- Jack's Sequoia Gardens Blog
- Gardening Book - How to Build the Perfect Gazebo
- First Impressions of the Moosey Garden
- Tricky Tips for Garden Perfection
- Plant of the Month : Golden Coreopsis
- Animals of the Month : Lilli-Puss and Kaya the Black cat
- Garden Quote : Absorbing the Mess
- Garden Gallery : Kronenbourg Roses
- Forum Focus : New Beginnings
- Gardening Advice : Organising on Paper
- Searching for Moosey : perennial flower pictures
- Coming up this month : Autumn. Leaf-fall. The equinox.
This month's features
Red roses are great for the romantic gardener - and the romantic garden?
Jack gardens in South Africa. He's been a permanent chirper, and very occasionally a bleater, in the Moosey forums (I don't think he's a twitterer yet). You'll enjoy visiting him in his own garden.
Hee hee. This is a great little book, perfect for any gardener who wants a home-made gazebo...
Inspired by the Garden Club's visit, I've been thinking about creating a good first impression...
Do you really like reading concise lists of tips that claim they'll improve your gardening performance?
6. Plant of the Month : Golden Coreopsis
Spring, summer, and autumn gardening months are blessed with golden daisy-like flowers from some plant or other. This month it's Coreopsis...
7. Animals of the Month : Lilli-Puss and Kaya the Black Cat
The Moosey animals - well, the cats - continue to puzzle and surprise me. Here's an article which features two of the less famous felines - Lilli-Puss the grey and Kaya the black.
8. Garden Quote : Absorbing the Mess...
I hope that Helen Yemm doesn't mind me quoting her. I read her article in The English Garden magazine and I love her gardening writing and wisdom.
Roses always win the prize for 'best picture' in a garden website, don't they! Here's the unusual Kronenbourg, a favourite hybrid tea of mine, this month's choice for the Garden Gallery Award.
10. Forum Focus : New Beginnings
Gardening friends in the north are looking forward to the first spring things. Some have started growing!
11. Gardening Advice : Organising on Paper
If the gardening mind was an exercise book, then organising garden activities would be oh so easy...
12. Searching for Moosey : perennial flower pictures
- perennial geranium pictures
- I've been busy trying to update my flower pages. Rather than gushing about how I love the colour blue, I've been trying to write useful information on the plants themselves. Then, mindful that one half-decent picture is worth five hundred words, I've been adding new photographs. Have a peep at the Geraniums page and see what you think...
- japanese anemone pictures
- You might enjoy the new Japanese Anemone photographs, too.
13. Coming up this month : Autumn. Leaf-fall. The equinox.
Time in the garden goes so quickly - I never know if this is a good or a bad thing. Will there be enough time to enjoy the autumn changes in my garden? Hmm...