Moosey News : March 2010
I love autumn. Like many other gardeners, when autumn slowly creeps through my garden I decide it's my favourite season. But then I think about spring, and I'm not so sure...
This month's features :
- Vote in the Updated Most Valuable Pet competition
- Go On - Grow Some Grasses!
- Apricot Watsonias
- It's Daffodil Time - Isn't It?
- Blue Scabious (Scabiosa)
- Plant of the Month : Bronze Fennel
- Animals of the Month : Tiger the Cat
- Garden Quote : Another Moosey Motto
- Garden Gallery : Sam McGredy Roses
- Forum Focus : A New Look Forum!
- Gardening Advice : Garden Seats
- Searching for Moosey : oxalis
- Coming up this month : Bulbs and Garden Sheds...
This month's features
One of the Moosey web-site's greatest sillinesses - the Most Valuable Pet competition - now has some exciting new contestants.
Stylish gardeners understand just how great it is to grow grasses...
Sometimes subtle treasures in a garden are overlooked year after year - like these pretty Watsonias.
I was asked by a blogging friend to submit a web-page for a daffodil blogorama. I had heaps of fun writing my contribution - here it is.
Scabious is a pretty perennial which I grow and plant almost everywhere.
6. Plant of the Month : Bronze Fennel
A work-horse perennial (which some would consider a weedy wild-horse) gets this month's award.
7. Animals of the Month : Tiger the Cat
It is Tiger's designated year, after all, and she is stoically enduring my Shape Up For Life campaign - AKA DIET!
8. Garden Quote : Another Moosey Motto
Here's my latest motto, designed to improve both my gardening esteem and my progress...
Roses have to pop up at least once in my newsletter. Here are some older photographs of roses bred by the New Zealand Irishman, Sam McGredy.
10. Forum Focus : A New Look Forum!
Ha! A clean, super refreshing new look for the Moosey forums. But where are Mark's missing photographs? Hopefully not too many other things have gone AWOL... Enjoy!
11. Gardening Advice : Garden Seats
This is a no-brainer. Garden seats are for sitting on - otherwise there's no point in having them there, is there?
12. Searching for Moosey : oxalis
- I must confess that the tiniest bit of weedy Oxalis came into my garden with some early plants. And, luckily, it hasn't really gone anywhere. Now a friend has given me some ornamental Oxalis - it's a real beauty.
13. Coming up this month : Bulbs and Garden Sheds...
It's properly autumn, but I'm busy planting lots of new bulbs for the following spring - such is the symmetry of the global garden. All the very best for you and your garden this month.