Moosey News : June 2010
The month of June has been full of variety. Two weeks of burning and trimming in the frosty winter garden, followed by two weeks of zooming around the world enjoying the long days of summer. But which part of the month did I enjoy more? Hmm...
This month's features :
- I visit Sissinghurst Gardens
- Summer Holidays!
- Pink Camellia Nonie Haydon
- Hamilton's Front Yard Gardens
- The Sensual Gardener - Inspired by Monty Don
- Plant of the Month : Oranges and Lemons Rose
- Animals of the Month : Fluff-Fluff - Supreme Winter Gardening Cat
- Garden Quote : A Light Hand of Control
- Garden Gallery : Reflection Pool
- Forum Focus : Gordon's Garden Tour
- Gardening Advice : Just Get Outside
- Searching for Moosey : garden gnome
- Coming up this month : A real winter month
This month's features
A gardener's pilgrimage, undertaken while I was in London for four days...
My holidays were all about catching up with relatives - but I did manage a few sneaky garden visits. I photographed a lot of urban greenery!
Nonie, I don't know who you are, but I love your namesake Camellia.
While wandering around Hamilton, Ontario, on holiday I saw some lovely front yard gardens.
My latest gardening library book has been quite an inspiration - in the sensuous sense...
6. Plant of the Month : Oranges and Lemons Rose
Here's a delightfully bright striped Sam McGredy bred rose - grow it if you dare!
7. Animals of the Month : Fluff-Fluff - Supreme Winter Gardening Cat
Fluff-Fluff is fascinated with the gardening work going on near the new shed. He provides high quality gardening cat-company, especially in winter.
8. Garden Quote : A Light Hand of Control
This quote was inspired by the gardeners at Sissinghurst Gardens, England.
I took this photograph of the reflection pool at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario. Hmm... I'd love to have one of these pools...
10. Forum Focus : Gordon's Garden Tour
Gordon's tiny trailer-home garden is packed with treasures, and has recently starred in a local garden tour. Congratulations, Gordon!
11. Gardening Advice : Just Get Outside
Garden worrying - and what to do about it.
12. Searching for Moosey : garden gnomes
- garden gnomes
- Not one but three new garden gnomes can be found on this page of the Moosey journal. Can a country gardener have too many garden gnomes?
13. Coming up this month : A real winter month.
Ha! Now we'll see what the Moosey Head Gardener is really made of...