Moosey News : May 2013
I've been in a camera mood these past weeks. But who want to see videos and photographs of my 'nearly-winter' garden when there are 'nearly-summer' roses to salivate over elsewhere? But wait. There's still much foliage colour, even if the tones are somewhat muted. Enjoy!
May Features :
- Facing Almost-Winter Head On
- Filming the Moosey Garden
- Duck Lawn in Autumn
- I Almost Climbed Mount Isobel
- Cottage Bunting
- Plant of the Month : Sharifa Asma Rose
- Animals of the Month : The Sheep
- Garden Quote : Photographing oneself
- Garden Gallery : Gunnera Leaves
- Garden Thanks To : Tiger the Cat
- Gardening Advice : Relax...
- Searching for Moosey : dog pictures
- Coming up this month : Winter
This month's features
I've got a new, super positive attitude towards the changing seasons in my garden. Read my tips for banishing the cold morning blues...
It was the funniest experience ever when a 'proper' film crew spent a day filming me, my web-master, and my garden. I haven't seen the results yet...
Duck Lawn has changed a lot over the years. I'm so glad I took all those old photographs. As long as my latest ones look the best, right?
Almost climbing a mountain is better than not trying to climb it at all - like Mount Everest! Second thoughts, perhaps that's a little out of my league...
Pond Cottage has some new, colourful bunting draped around the edge of the roof. Pretty!
6. Plants of the Month : Sharifa Asma Rose
Just a few struggling blooms of this beautiful rose are flowering now, as winter fast approaches. It's one of my most favourite fragrant David Austin roses.
7. Animal of the Month : The Sheep
Our small flock of merino sheep are the most uncomplicated animals at Mooseys by far. Sheep don't sulk, sheep don't get into fights when the Head Gardener is away... This month let's hear it for the sheep!
8. Garden Quote : Photographing oneself
Great excitement - I've just recently found the self-timer button on my new camera. Great excitement for me, anyway.
There's a whole set of new photographs of Gunnera leaf detail on the bottom of this page. Imagine how rough they would feel to touch!
10. Garden Thanks To : Tiger the Cat
Thanks to my fat tortoiseshell cat for a host of other things too cat-trivial to mention. Or are they?
11. Gardening Advice : Relax...
Taking things nice and easy...
12. Searching for Moosey : dog pictures
- dog pictures
- There's only one resident Moosey dog - Rusty, a red Border Collie - and lots of pictures of him. But you might enjoy meeting a couple of his dog friends - Escher the brown pointer/labrador and big Ben the leonberger.
12. Coming up this month : Winter
But it had better not have snow, or too many days that are too cold to do some brisk winter gardening. I've ordered a mild-mannered winter. Hope you're enjoying good gardening weather!